Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 9, day 3

Nothing too exciting to talk about with this workout.   On December 19th I did week 9, day 3 of Couch to 10k.  This day was also my 34th birthday.  This session consisted of 5, 8 minutes runs, with 2 minute walks.  With warmup and cooldown for a total of 58minutes.  I decided to do this workout on the treadmill instead of outside.   I needed to give my right ankle a break from the hard ground.  It's been giving me a bit of trouble since week 8, day 1 where I ran on the paved track at the middle school.  Doing some research and I think it's a tendon issue, not so much as a joint issue, which actually makes me feel better.  Picked up some Biofreeze to see if it helps.  Anyway, this workout went really good.  The last run session I kicked up the speed the last minute and ran until the treadmill said I had gone 5 miles.  Once the cooldown was done I had complete 5.2 miles.

Looking ahead at the coming workouts, I will have one more run walk run walk type session.  Then it will be almost entirely running.  I'm really excited to see how these last few weeks go.

I'll end this entry by sharing a link to a YouTube video that was posted on RunningAhead forums.  This guy's story and blog are so inspiring.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment