Sunday, December 26, 2010

The day after Christmas

Decided to get on the treadmill today after taking a few extra days off.  I wanted to give my ankle a bit of a rest and figured a few days through Christmas was a good time.  My ankle still did not feel 100% before getting on the treadmill.  Planned on running about 20minutes to see how I felt.  I did a warmup walk for the first 5 minutes then started running.  The longer I ran the better I felt so I figured I'd run to the 500calorie mark.  Once I hit that I was close to 40minutes so I kept running to that point.  When I hit 40minutes I was almost to 4miles, so I kept running.  Once I hit 4miles I decided that was good and walked another 3 or so minutes to cool down.  This put me at a 45 minutes workout of 4.2miles.  Did more than I anticipated and feel great.  Promptly iced my ankle.  Of all the junk I've eaten the last few days I was happy to see I had not gained any weight.  I will now continue on with my couch to 10k workouts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment