Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 10, Day 1

This evening I did week 10, day 1 of Couch to 10k.  53 minute work out with 10minute runs and 1 minute walks in 4 sessions.  Felt really good for the first two 10 minute sessions.  The walk between the second and third run I felt my ankle getting really sore.  Took several minutes into my third run session before my ankle was stretched out again.  Forth run sessions was about the same, had to stretch it back out for a few minutes.  Again I was close to 5 miles as the cooldown started, so I continued to run a couple minutes into the cooldown.  I set my pace a little faster tonight.  For the last minute and on into cooldown I kicked it up to 7mph.  I finished the workout with another 5.2 miles. 

This was a tough one though.  Seriously thought I was going to have to quit.  I pulled out the ice wraps when I was done and gave my ankle a good icing.  Now to put some biofreeze on it.  I also ran in my new Xterra shoes.  Figured it was a good time to work on breaking them in.  They felt good and I don't notice any rubs on my arches.

Now the real running and endurance training begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment